Monday 14 June 2010

The Labour Leadership Contest - Nothing to see here...

Since my last post there’s been the Labour hustings and the endless talk of cuts, which is of course leading somewhere, to the “emergency” budget, but otherwise there has been little to talk about. I’ve been busy, the world moves on, everyone is concerned with their own s**t at the moment…

There has been international incident and focus, particularly the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, which definitely did get worse and doesn’t appear to be getting any better yet, not to mention the political fall out.

I haven’t paid a great deal of attention to the Labour party leadership contest. Obviously Diane Abbott’s inclusion was the biggest talking point and it is a good thing, it provides something of an alternative in a rather limited line up.

It could be seen as a pretty cheap gesture from David Miliband.


David Miliband toying...

She won’t win of course and he looks good, perhaps wins friends on the left, maybe from the two Eds. Yeah it’s cheap and Machiavellian. It could even backfire. I don’t know the intricacies of the voting system but today I have read that Ed could be edging ahead and the system might help him

It's not just about a duck.

David and Ed see the Labour party as their play thing...

Miliband of Brothers


The contest is going to go on for an age, so I will comment again on the candidates and their potential affect on the Labour party, when the race has developed and I’ve had time to look into it.

But I think the strongest candidates are still very much of the political class and tied to New Labour, will they be capable of genuine change..?

I've mentioned old Ed Balls before but I should also mention Andy Burnham is involved in the contest. Well done Andy...

More on the Labour party in opposition to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment